What technologies are in use in this Scala full-stack implementation.
We structure the technologies by the Architecture Tiers.
- A safer way to build robust front-end web applications!
- Working on the client side with familiar Scala.
- Of course not everything is supported, especially if you use Java-Libraries. But you will be surprised how much is already supported (see here ScalaJS Libraries).
- Version 1 is soon to be released
I tried quite some libraries before I came across this one (eg. Scalatags, scalajs-react, Outwatch etc.).
- Binding.scala is a data-binding framework for Scala, running on both JVM and Scala.js.
- Use your XHTML code directly in your Scala code - and of course it is type save.
- Easily to compose, alike your server code.
- A great way to manage the GUIs state, you can forget about Redux - this is way simpler.
- This framework is actually the reason for this page - I love it;)
- easy way to create nice Web-UIs.
- like Bootstrap, but semantic style.
All shared libraries have a version for ScalaJS and one for Scala(JVM). And so everything here can also be used on client and server.
- Marshalling and Unmarshalling of JSON.
- Reads, OWrites and OFormat derivation for algebraic data types (sealed traits and case classes, possibly recursive), powered by Shapeless.
- Logging library that supports:
- SLF4J on the server
- Console Logger on the browser
The server is a standard Scala/ Play application.